Monday, August 31, 2009

do not operate if under the influence of being an almost two year old

the other day carson was watching a vhs disney movie. he decided he was done with that movie and wanted to watch 101 dalmatians, one of his favorite movies. he proceeded to get my dvd of 101 dalmations and shove it into the vhs player. needless to say after much squealing and grinding the 101 dalmations dvd was scratched beyond recognition. i will give him props though, he knew it played a movie - pish posh as the the format of the movie. so this morning when he brought me the dvd case of 101 dalmatians, i popped in the actual vhs of 101 dalmatians - thank goodness my mom kept all our old vhs movies. oh to be a two year old with such advance knowledge of technology.



after the morning movie, carson ran some errands with me and he got a much needed haircut. i prepped the upcoming haircut boy with m&m's. yes, a bribe to get through the haircut. despite my best efforts, he acted like the lady was chopping his arm off. she cut quite a bit off even though he was flailing about and crying hysterically. poor hair dresser lady. she was very patient. carson came away looking much more like a big boy even though he does not have behavior to match. he got 2 balloons, a sucker and some snake things he clung to through the entire process.




the place we went to is new, just opened last week. they have quite a few cars, movies, games etc. and they do glamour parties for girls. anyway - here is the website in case anyone is looking for a place. http://www.sharkeyscutsforkids.com/loc_austin.html

then, once we got home carson wanted to watch 101 dalmatians again - and promptly fell asleep half way through....


other than that, just working and school. glad the first week is over, only 11.5 weeks until graduation.

3 comments:

  1. Tara Sue...I never thought I would see the day when you would be blogging and I would join facebook! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging (not that I am very good at it)! I do love you and I will be following your blog! I'm so excited...love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haircut! I love how kids get stuck on one movie and watch it over and over and over again.

    You should bring Carson over to our apartment complex to swim with Hannah sometime before we move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara!!!!! FOund your blog quite by accident! Love it. Love you.

    p.s. Where is Shane going???

    ReplyDelete